Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What kind of code can create Tylenol !!

While I have the fundamental understanding of code, I have made some small stride forward through trial and error. I have been working on the ARC and still have some questions on the code, but I am optimistic. I have decided to recreate the code from beginning based on the tutorial so get used to the type of structure that is needed to recreated it accurately.

I started by copying and pasting the entire code into Dreamweaver and slowly picking it apart..I am still working on it; I have highlighted items which I am unsure and have questions about this evening


<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
  <head>
    <style>
      body {
        margin: 0px; - " OPX" This code wasnt explained on the tutorial
        padding: 0px;
      }
      #myCanvas {
        border: 1px solid #9C9898; - Not sure about this
      }
    </style>
    <script>
      window.onload = function() {
        var canvas = document.getElementById("myCanvas");
        var context = canvas.getContext("2d");
        var x = canvas.width / 2;
        var y = canvas.height / 2;
        var radius = 75;
        var startAngle = 1.1 * Math.PI;
        var endAngle = 1.9 * Math.PI;
        var counterClockwise = false;

        context.beginPath(); - Do I always need to begin any Shape with " beginPath" or just circles / arches ?
        context.arc(x, y, radius, startAngle, endAngle, counterClockwise);
        context.lineWidth = 15;
        // line color
        context.strokeStyle = "black";
        context.stroke();
      };

    </script>
  </head>
  <body>
    <canvas id="myCanvas" width="578" height="250"></canvas>
  </body>
</html>

No comments:

Post a Comment